- Faculty Summer Grant: Due 3/20
- Quick-Start Essentials
- Course Syllabus Guidelines
- Online Teaching Handbook - includes many strategies from CIIA's Teaching Tips and so much more!
- Learning Technology Group Resource Site on Canvas
Tweets by @CIIA_WWU
Welcome to the CIIA, Western's Teaching and Learning Center
Monthly Learning Technology Group
All of the web resources and recordings from our monthly Learning Technology Group sessions are now available online. This has been set up as a "public" Canvas course which does not require login to access the site. Please explore this collection of our explorations into teaching with technologies!
We hope you'll make room in your schedule for our professional development opportunities:
- Learning Technology Group (monthly, see events) This is an ongoing collaboration among CIIA/Academic Technology colleagues to engage faculty in implementing and evaluating new technologies for teaching.
- Faculty GUR Group (quarterly, see the Faculty GUR Group website for details)
- See Events for this quarter's latest professional development opportunities!
- Workshops On-Demand
"We cannot create genuine communities of practice for students until we allow faculty to participate too… only if the teachers are learners too, and if they can be seen to be learners, can they genuinely model deep learning for the apprentice learners in the community."
John Tagg, The Learning Paradigm College, 2003