- Boettcher, J. V. and
Conrad, R. M., The
Online Teaching Survival Guide: Simple and Practical Pedagogical Tips, Jossey-Bass, 2010
- Bretzmann, J., Flipping 2.0: Practical Strategies for Flipping Your Class, Bretzmann Group, 2013
- Stein, J. and Graham, C. R., Essentials for Blended Learning: A Standards Based Guide, Routledge, 2014
- Vai, M. and Sosulski, K., Essentials of Online Course Design: A Standards- Based Guide, Routledge, 2014
Web 2.0 Technology
- 10 Principles of Effective Online Teaching: Best Practices in Distance Education, key ideas to defining a baseline of online performance.
- Blended Course Design: A Synthesis of Best Practices, from the Sloan Consortium.
- Ten Best Practices for Teaching Online: Quick Guide for New Online Faculty, by J.V. Boettcher.
- 5 Top Tips for Engaging Students on Blended Learning Courses, an article by Mitzi Waltz.
- From Passive Viewing to Active Learning: Simple Techniques for Applying Active Learning Strategies to Online Course Videos, an article with ideas on how to make video lectures more engaging for students.
- Moving a Face-to-Face Course Online without Losing Student Engagement, an article covering the redesign of a course, and common issues.
- 7 Strategies to Make Your Online Teaching Better, from Inside Higher Ed.
- Implementing the Seven Principles: Technology as Lever, an article by Chickering and Ehrmann discussing how technology can be used to advance the Seven Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education.
- Strategies for Effective Online Teaching, from Montana State University, adapted from L. Ragan's Best Practices in Online Teaching.
- Strategies for Teaching Blended Learning Courses, Maybe You (and Your Students) Can Have
It All, ten strategies from Faculty Focus.
- Infographic: 6 Models of Blended Learning, Dreambox Learning.
- Classroom Assessment Techniques in Asynchronous Learning Networks, an article by Henderson in which he discusses bringing Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs) into the online environment.
- How to Create Assessments for the Flipped Classroom, from Faculty Focus.
- Using Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Proactive Approach for Online Learning, three strategies to use formative assessment techniques in the classroom from Faculty Focus.
- Accessible Digital Media Guidelines, from the National Center for Accessible Media.
- Developing an e-Toolbox to Facilitate Universal Design for Instruction into Online and Blended Learning, from Educause.
- Flexibility and Function: Universal Design for Technology Enhanced Active Classrooms, by Dr. Stuart Dinmore of the University of South Australia.
- 2013 Showcase (theme: Blended Learning: The Best of Both Worlds)
- CIIA's Instructional Technologies in Education section