Course Design and Development
- Bloom's Taxonomy Blooms Digitally, Andrew Churches, (2008), Educators' eZine, Tech and Learning
- Bloom's Taxonomy of the Cognitive Domain, W. Huitt, (2004), Educational Psychology Interactive, Valdosta State Univ., GA.
- Design and Teach Your Course , Eberly Center of Teaching Excellence, Carnegie Mellon University
- How to Write a Statement of Teaching Philosophy, The Chronicle of Higher Education, 3/27/03
- Integrated Course Design, L. Dee Fink, Idea Paper 42, The Idea Center.
- Model of Learning Objectives, Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, Iowa State University
- Preparing or Revising a Course, Barbara Gross Davis, Tools for Teaching (Jossey-Bass; San Francisco, 1993)
- Writing Learning Objectives, University of Texas at Austin
- Grunert O'Brien, J., Mills B.J., & Cohen, M.W., The Course Syllabus: A Learning-Centered Approach, Jossey-Bass, 2008
- Nilson, L.B., The Graphic
Syllabus and the Outcomes
Map: Communicating Your
There is no official university policy on what information a course syllabus must contain. The following links are provided to assist faculty in developing a course syllabus.
- Course Syllabus Guidelines (CIIA) Essential components to be included in a syllabus contributed by experienced faculty at WWU, along with information about WWU policies, compiled by the Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment
- Course Syllabus Requirements (Woodring) Defined by WWU's Woodring College of education for NCATE review (2004)
- Constructing Legally Sound Syllabi, Faye Hardy-Lucas, Esq., Hampton University General Counsel
- Course Design/Creating A Syllabus, The Center for Teaching and Learning, University of California, Berkeley
- Creative Syllabuses, Jason B. Jones, The Chronicle of Higher Education, (2012)
- Designing a Learning-Centered Syllabus, resource page with examples from the University of Delaware.
- The Purposes of a Syllabus, Jay Parkes and Mary B. Harris, N. Arizona University
- Student Performance Verbs University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Syllabus, Peer-reviewed publication of course syllabi and other teaching materials, Rhode Island College
- Syllabus Report as designed by MIT CDIO Initiative (includes excellent appendix on Bloom’s Taxonomy of Educational Objectives)
- What is an Effective Syllabus? Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Minnesota
- Writing a Syllabus, Howard B. Altman and William E. Cashin, Idea Paper 27, The Idea Center
- Classroom Management. Lisa Rodriguez, University of La Verne. Useful "Issues/Solution Suggestions Table"
- Classroom Management: Dealing with Difficult Students, Counseling Center, Brookhaven College
- Establishing Classroom Etiquette and Dealing with Disruption, Office of Student Judicial Affairs, University of California - Davis
- Managing Conflict (Scenes from a Classroom), Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Minnesota
- Managing Hot Moments in the Classroom, Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning, Harvard University
- 101 Things You Can Do the First Three Weeks of Class, Joyce Povlacs Lunde, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Not Quite 101 Ways to Learning Students' Names, University of Virginia
- Make the Most of the First Day of Class, Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence, Carnegie Mellon University
- A Closing Routine, Indiana State University
- Twenty ways to make lectures more participatory, Harvard University